"We love because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Samuel 11 Months


Wow, it's been a another busy month with little Samuel!  He is a man on the move and certainly keeps us hopping!  I think, of all our kids, he is certainly the most active and most into EVERYTHING (though Nicholas was a close second).  He will leave a room full of toys and make a beeline for the toilet paper (to unroll it), the cupboards (to empty them), or the stairs (to climb them) in heartbeat!  Once I was putting Grace's cleats on her and turned around and he was gone.  I found him at the very top of the steps, on the landing looking down at me, just beaming with pride and waving "hi!"  We have really been working with him trying to teach him how to go down steps safely (by backing down) since we have a step off in in our living room.  This month I have seen him do it a couple of times on his own.  He really loves push toys now.  He "walks" pushing them all over the house and often tries to make things that really aren't meant to be pushed, into a push toy.  He is strong!  While he isn't walking on his own yet, he is cruising along furniture at a quick pace!  Often he will dive from one thing to the next.  This month he has been diving a lot, either from a kneeling or standing position he just dives towards books, toys, or us.  He is fearless.  He loves playing with balls right now too.  It's one of the few toys that can entertain him for any sort of sustained period.  He likes to throw it and then chase after it over and over again.  He also likes the little trampoline we have in our basement.  He learned, just from watching the other kids I guess, how to climb up on it, stand up, and start jumping up and down while holding the bar!  I couldn't believe it when I saw him doing it!  And that's not the only imitating he does these days, he imitates sounds we make and various actions too.  He really pays attention to his surroundings and works hard to figure out how he can join in our activities.  He hasn't just been busy moving this month either.  He has mastered the word "Mama" and says it all the time now :-)  He has also learned to say "Uh-uh" (as in "uh-oh") when he or someone else drops things.  His latest trick is to drop cheerios off his highchair one by one and "uh-uh" each time.  Oh, and he has gotten his first two teeth his month!  So,  you can see our little Sammie is keeping us busy, but is just so sweet we love him to pieces!!!

He loves his Sissy!
The man loves to empty cupboards!

This happened once while I was putting away all the tupperware he had thrown out of my cupboard.


Looking for just the right cup I guess??

This heavy wooden block is meant for stationary play.....but not for our Sammie..... he pushes it all over the living room as if it is a push toy!

He loves his rocking lamb and even rocks on his own now.

Ready..here it comes...the big throw!

We love you sweet boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment